VISIT CHESSINGTON RIDING CENTRE TODAY
HORSE RIDING LESSON IN CHESSINGTON
COVID19 Update : 27th November 2020
Riding School Re-Opening Schedule 3rd December 2020
Following the most recent advice from the Government, we will be re-opening as of 3rd December. Here is the updated specific criteria that MUST be adhered to in order for us remain open and provide lessons.
*WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO RUN ANY KIDS CLUBS / PONY PARTIES / LEAD REIN LESSONS*
For any client that wanting to come for riding lessons, the following must apply:
- Clients must be of a standard of riding which requires no physical assistance from the instructor.
- Clients must wear suitable footwear – shoes / boots / wellington boots with a small, block heel.
- Clients are permitted to hire riding hats but we strongly advise that clients have their own if wishing to ride on a regular basis.
- Clients must be able to get their horse out of the stable or from where it is tied up, and mount unassisted. Guidance, where required, will be provided by the instructor and this will form part of the lesson.
- Clients must be able to adjust their stirrups and girth unassisted. Guidance, where required, will be provided by the instructor and this will form part of the lesson.
- If there a competent / knowledgeable member of your family who can assist with mounting and adjusting stirrups and girth, this would be acceptable.
*You must be honest about your ability to complete the above. If when booking a lesson, your instructor does not think it is suitable, the lesson will be refused*
We understand that there will be many of clients that will not be able to come for lessons as they do not fulfil the above criteria. We do apologise for this, but we must follow the guidelines in order to move forward and to keep our clients and staff as safe as possible.
General rules regarding lessons:
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Face covering must be worn in the office and on the yard until mounted.
- Do not loiter around the yard, please stay in the car park area until it is time for your lesson.
- Only 1 person in the office at any time.
- Only 1 assisting adult on the yard at any time.
- Please do not bring multiple members of your household to watch you ride.
- There will be designated view-points for lessons. Please ask a member of staff where these are.
- We will be providing private, semi-private and group lessons of up to 5 people.
- We will be offering flatwork and jumping lessons.
- We are offering hacking.
- Please wash / sanitise hands before and after visiting the yard.
- You must be punctual for your lesson as we will be running strictly to time. Once you have finished your lesson and re-booked if required, you must leave the premises straight away. Clients will not be permitted to loiter and pet any yard animals.
- Anybody wanting to pay by cash must have the correct amount.
- Anybody who uses the toilets does so at their own risk and must spray and wipe any surfaces touched. This will be provided.
- Avoid contact with surfaces where possible.
- Under 16’s – Accompanying adult must remain on site and be contactable if required
We thank all of our clients for your ongoing support through this difficult time and we look forward to seeing all of you again soon.
Welcome to Chessington Equestrian Centre in Surrey and just minutes from London
Situated close to the A3 and only 9 miles from London, Chessington equestrian Centre has been providing riding lessons to people from all over Surrey and Greater London since 1988.
Providing well-schooled horses to suit every age and dedicated instructors to meet the need of every rider, from beginner to the advanced.
We offer a range of activities as well as lessons such as pony parties, Pentathlon training and day rides.
Start riding and there's no turning back
We've got you covered for the first timer to advanced rider looking to take their riding to another level.
Hacking | Private lessons | Group lessons | Kids riding lessons | Pony parties | Showjumping | Dressage | Horse care