VISIT CHESSINGTON RIDING CENTRE TODAY
HORSE RIDING LESSON IN CHESSINGTON
AFTER COVID19 : RE-OPENING
As of Saturday 17th May we will be re-opening the riding school to a reduced capacity. Following guidelines from the Government, The British Horse Society, Sport England and The British Equestrian Federation we have implemented specific criteria that MUST be adhered to in order for us remain open and provide lessons.
We have compiled a list of our regular clients who we feel fulfil the criteria required in order to offer lessons (below). We will contact those clients directly. You may not hear from us at this stage, but please be patient as we will be contacting more clients as and when we receive further info from the governing bodies above.
For any client that wanting to come for riding lessons, the following must apply:
- Clients must be of a standard of riding which requires no physical assistance from the instructor.
- Clients must have their own hat, boots, whip and body protector (where applicable). Riding hats must have the current safety standard.
- Clients must be able to get their horse out of the stable and mount unassisted.
- Clients must be able to adjust their stirrups and girth unassisted.
*You must be honest about your ability to complete the above. If when booking a lesson, your instructor does not think it is suitable, the lesson will be refused*
We understand that there will be many of clients that will not be able to come for lessons as they do not fulfil the above criteria. We do apologise for this, but we must follow the guidelines in order to move forward and to keep our clients and staff as safe as possible.
General rules regarding lessons:
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- We will be providing private lessons only.
- We will be offering flatwork and polework lessons only for now. We will reconsider providing jump lessons at a later date.
- We will not be providing hacking.
- Gloves must be worn at all times.
- You must be punctual for your lesson. We will be running strictly to time and cannot have lessons overlapping. Once you have finished your lesson and re-booked if required, you must leave the premises straight away. Clients will not be permitted to loiter and pet any yard animals.
- Anybody wanting to pay by cash must have the correct amount in an envelope to be left on a desk in the office. Please put your name on the envelope.
- Anybody who uses the toilets must spray and wipe any surfaces touched. This will be provided.
We thank all of our clients for your ongoing support through this difficult time and we look forward to seeing all of you again soon.
Welcome to Chessington Equestrian Centre in Surrey and just minutes from London
Situated close to the A3 and only 9 miles from London, Chessington equestrian Centre has been providing riding lessons to people from all over Surrey and Greater London since 1988.
Providing well-schooled horses to suit every age and dedicated instructors to meet the need of every rider, from beginner to the advanced.
We offer a range of activities as well as lessons such as pony parties, Pentathlon training and day rides.
Start riding and there's no turning back
We've got you covered for the first timer to advanced rider looking to take their riding to another level.
Hacking | Private lessons | Group lessons | Kids riding lessons | Pony parties | Showjumping | Dressage | Horse care